Last week, Cathy at Word Vessel gave me The Honest Scrap Blog Award. I took one look at the award logo and was humbled by the nomination.
Why? What comes to mind when you see this award? For me, I thought about getting hammered by life (and I've had my share of blows). I was reminded that I am scrap under construction. But mostly I remembered my decision to be honest through this blog because the journey gets tough and we all need a little encouragement.
Part of getting this award is that I have to tell you 10 honest things about myself.
1) I have climbed the tallest mountain in Colorado (over 14,000 feet high). Somehow.
2) I bake the best peanut butter cookies on the planet (according to my husband).
3) I sing in the choir and used to play the flute.
4) I've been to Israel three times.
5) I ran a half marathon in high school.
6) I learned to read when I was four years old.
7) I wrote a children's picture book and am trying to get it published.
8) I don't like seafood or strawberries or lots of other foods normal people like.
9) I know how to tape and mud drywall. (Check out my basement.)
10) I failed art in the 4th grade. (Ouch.)
I'm passing this award on to the following bloggers who tell it like it is. Thanks for your honesty.
Krista @ Krista's Reflections
Jody @ Author, JodyHedlund
Kat @ Heart 2 Heart
Tiffany @ Tea With Tiffany
Evangeline @ Breathe In Breathe Out
Paula @ Grace Reign
Anita @ Beyond the Diapers and Spills
Staci @ Mi4Boys
Sandi @ Sandi Rog
Dena @ Words n Music
So, dear readers, who would you nominate for being honest? Or, tell us something honest about yourself?